Friday, May 16, 2014

Remembering a Long Time Ago

This is me 11 years ago. So many things caused me to change including that I wanted enlightenment, serenity, and happiness...not stress. I wanted those things so much that I was willing to give up some things I loved. At the time I worked in a strip-mall behind McDonald's and several times I went there before or after work. I was willing to not go to McDonald's because I wanted enlightenment, serenity, and happiness more.

My favorite restaurant (Tequila Harry's) was across the street and several times I went there with my friend. I was willing to not go to Tequila Harry's because I wanted enlightenment, serenity, and happiness. I replaced my old habits with new ones and they helped me get my goal. Giving up those places brought other things into my life that led to much enlightenment, serenity, and happiness.

Changing is hard-I know! But it's also a leap of faith that brings what I really want into my life. For years I wished for things to be different, but that time I did things that brought about differences...and much happiness.

No comments: