Sunday, May 04, 2014

Old Habits Die Hard

I did too much yesterday. (Just because it's on my list doesn't mean I have to accomplish it that day-lesson learned!) I did things at the last minute, did too much, then (because of my disease where I can't hide my feelings) I got emotional and cried a lot.

Just because I have energy sometimes doesn't mean I have to fill that time up by being busy. It's okay if something doesn't get done, and it's alright that things are still on my list. The important thing is that I tried and I did what I could.

I tried to do what I used to do before getting MS and I failed. Again, I'll say it, the important thing is that I tried and I did what I could.

I've been a perfectionist for years-I guess I'm now a recovering perfectionist. If you give a recovering alcoholic a drink they're not gonna be a new drinker but pick up where they left off. Likewise, I tried to make things perfect just like old times. I won't revert to the old me as I remember what got learned between then and now. Nevertheless, my current beliefs don't stop me from doing things I shouldn't. I hope not do that again.

No comments: