Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Progressing Toward My Goal

This is me last Sunday (May 2014):

This is me one year ago (July 2013, in Sweden):

This is me two years ago (April 2012, at Bryan's wedding):

Wow! What a difference I see in my face! I've been trying very much to reach a weight goal for my vacation next year and these pics are motivation to keep going. They tell me 1) I AM making a difference, 2) I look better already, 3) God IS helping me. I had an impression months ago that if I did all I could, He would help me. I'm serious about reaching my goal and haven't given up after five months. In these pictures I see that He HAS helped me and it gives me encouragement to reach my goal.

I'm not losing weight because I am unhappy with myself but because I want to do it. I truly believe that God helps me after all I can do. He wants to know that I'm serious, so He doesn't help me immediately. The word 'after' sticks out in my mind. In January 2013 I gave up beef and believe that after I changed my diet He blessed me with more energy. In March 2014 I gave up turning to food and doing emotional eating and after committing in my heart to change I believe He blessed me.

I make the scriptures personal to me by adding my name after the word 'you'. This scripture stands out to me: "I will go before your face [Jade Lovgren]. I will be on your right hand and on your left, ... and my angels round about you, to bear you up" (D&C 84:88) I interpret this to mean "I will be with you and help you and my angels will be with you and help you to bear your burdens." I see this is true in the pictures above. Who knows how many times the angels have whispered in my ear to make good choices. I'm grateful for the assistance I see so far and know that God and the angels will continue to help me.

No comments: