Sunday, May 25, 2014

Is Kindness Diminishing?

People are outside mowing their lawns early on Sunday morning. What happened to courtesy? What happened to waiting until later to do things that might bother others? Is it just where I live? I feel disturbed by the selfishness I hear but maybe it only happens in my neighborhood.

I hope that at some point those people will think of someone besides themselves. I can only hope but the choice belongs to them. What they do is not up to me, but I can maybe influence their choice by my words. I feel like I'm complaining, but how can anyone fix something if they don't know about the problem?

I'm not implying that I'm perfect and they're not. I'm implying that they are doing something wrong and I hope they'll correct themselves. I love people and give them freedom to be how they will, but honesty sounds like judgment. I'm sorry if people think I'm judging because I'm not, I just want people (including myself) to have good behavior.

No comments: