Saturday, May 10, 2014

Thinking About Someone Besides Myself

I was sleeping this morning when I heard music playing outside at 730AM! Just because that person was awake and ready to work outside didn't mean their music wouldn't disturb me. That person was clearly not thinking about how other people would be affected by their choice.

I am reminded of how some people do things or allow things to disturb me then have the attitude like "they need to understand". Why do I need to understand and accept wrong behavior? They need to not allow things to disturb me.

I see the attitude of selfishness becoming more prevalent these days. It seems like a lot of people (even people my age and older) have this thought, 'everyone does it so I'll do it too'. I can hear a mother tell her child "If everyone jumped off a bridge would you do it too? You have your own brain and can decide for yourself between right and wrong."

It seems like even though some people have brains that can decide between right and wrong, they don't care and seem to tell me, "deal with it". I don't want to deal with it and don't think I should. My hope for people who do selfish things is that they think about someone besides themselves. Thinking about others removes the blinders from their eyes and allows them to see/consider others, not just think about themselves.

No comments: