Thursday, May 01, 2014

A Change in Facebook Affects Me

I read an article where Mark Zuckerberg (the owner of Facebook) said the algorithm of Facebook changed to show popular posts in the news feed according to how many comments they have. (To break it down, the more comments a post has the more likely it is to be in the news feed and the higher it will be.) He said if the comments contain "congratulations" it will be at the top.

I believe that several people read my blog, even though hardly anyone ever comments or likes my posts. When I post something it will be in the News feed, but it might not be there the next day if it's not popular. I started posting every day because I hope that what I say will help someone, but if they don't read it that day they might not see it.

Social media is used differently by people my age versus young people. Social media evolves and right now it's toward what's popular. Bottom line: if my post isn't read the day it's posted it probably won't be seen.

No comments: